Prof. Laltluangliana Khiangte is a well-known playwright-dramatist, poet, scholar-critic, essayist, biographer and folklorist from the state of MizoramHe has been selected for Padma Shri (in Literature and Education) for the year 2006 by the President of India. He has 58 books in English and Mizo, 34 Edited books in English and Mizo, 27 booklets in Mizo & English and about 14 of his books have been translated into various languages. He has presented more than 320 papers in Seminars, Consultations, Training and Workshops, of which more than 170 are written in English for the International, National, Regional programmes. He has published over 100 research papers and contributed more than 1000 articles / essays / poems in different journals and magazines of the country, published in English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Garo, Khasi, Kokborok, Manipuri, Boro etc. and Mizo. A former member of CABE, General Council of Indian National Sahitya Akademi and Sangeet Nataak Akademi, he is the President of Tribal Literary Forum of India, MAL, MILLTA, ZOPPEN Club and Vice-President of All India Tribal Literary Forum, he is also an active Member of Indian Folklore Congress. Professor & Head of Mizo Department in Mizoram University; Member of Board of Governors in ICFAI University Mizoram.
3. PUBLISHED WORKS OF DR. LALTLUANGLIANA KHIANGTE
A. Book in English language.
1. English Poetry – Study Aid. p.198, (Edited),1986 & p.244, Aizawl : 1988.
2. Mizo Drama-Origin, Development & Themes. p.277 (Hard Bound), Cosmo Publications, New Delhi : 1993. (Released at New Delhi)
3. Mizo Folklore-I : Folktales of Mizoram. p.218, (Hard bound)Art &Culture Dept. and L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl :1997
4. Songs of Precious Blood. p.56 (PYF Song book-Edited) Aizawl : 2000
5. The Golden Lines (Poems & Prose pieces) p.153 L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 2000
6. An Introduction of Mizo Literature (Papers & Poems-compiled) Aizawl : 2001
7. Memorable Poems & Essays (Study Aid-Edited), Aizawl : 2001& 2004
8. Mizo Songs and Folk Tales, Published by the Sahitya Akademi, (ISBN 81-260-1364-8, p.171, Released at New Delhi : 2002
9. World Literature (Collection of Poems & Essays-Edited) p. 191, Aizawl : 2005; Revised & Enlarged Kolkata, West Bengal : 2011.
10. Joy to the world Peace Festival (Handbook-cum-Song book-Edited) p. 130, Aizawl : 2005
11. Capt. L.Z. Sailo : Padma Bhushan Awardee (Biography) p.126 L.T.L. Publications : 2007 & Revised & Enlarged, Kolkata : 2011
12. Mizos of North East India : Culture, Folklore, Language, Literature. p.216, 2008, First released at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
13. Unwritten Lesson & Other Poems (North East Poets’ Meet Handbook) p. 112, Aizawl : 2010
14. Tribal Languages and Literature (Papers-Edited) p. 202. L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 2010
15. Unsung Tribal Pastor & Writer (Memorable contribution of a Mizo Pastor), LTL Publications, Printed at Kolkata & Released at Serampore College on July 16, 2011.
16. A brief History of Mizo Drama & Theatre, L.T.L. Publications, Nov. 15, 2012 :Aizawl.
17. Tribal Culture, Folklore and Literature, Mittal Publications, New Delhi : 2013 ISBN 81-8324-334-7
18. Pioneer Tribal Scholar-Pastor, ISPCK Publications : New Delhi : 2013 ISBN 978-81-8465-279-6
19. Expect and Attempt, Council of Serampore College Publication: Feb. 6, 2014 : Kolkata
20. A Study of Mizo Novel, ISPCK Publication ISBN : 978-81-8465-395-3 : New Delhi: 2014
21. Mizo Folklore : Folktales of Mizoram, Written Words, Christian World Imprints Publication, ISBN-978-9351482024, New Delhi : 2017
22. An Album of Books, ISBN-978-81-935083-3-6, KL Offset Printer, Aizawl : 2017
23. Let-Us-Learn : Mizo-English-Hindi, p.184, ISBN-978-81-935083-9-8, LTL Publications, Aizawl : 2018 (Released by Governor of Nagaland on 18-10-2018)
*A Glimpse of Mizo Literature & Language, L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 2018
*100 Traditional Stories of Mizoram (Hundred folk tales, NBT India Project 2018)
*Mizo Legendary Heroes & Heroines (Final manuscript, 2018 Project)
B. Books in Mizo language.
1. Thupui Zirbingte (Literature & Language workshop papers -Edited) p.120, Aizawl : 1989.
2. Thupui Pawimawh Pali (Four Important Themes, M.L.A. Publication-Edited)Aizawl : 1989.
3. Lehkhabu Ramtiam (The World of Literature, Culture & Arts) p.230, Aizawl : 1993.
4. Thalai Chanchin (Origin, development, various activities of Christian Youth Association), GCCS No.9.p.230: 1993
5. Chanchintha Meichher (The Gospel Torch: Selected play for Gospel Centenary Celebration in 1994, acted in all over Mizoram) p.100, Aizawl : 1993.
6. Lemchan Khawvel –I (The World of Drama: Three plays) p.172, L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl :1994.
7. Thuhlaril-Literary trends and History of Mizo Literature. p.267.Edited -1995 / 2005.
8. Biakliana Robawm (Writer, Poet, Novelist & his works. p.266, L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 1996
9. Pasal\ha Khuangchera (The Great patriot & Indian freedom fighter) p.218: 1997 : Book of the year – 1997. (Reprinted over and over again)
10. Infiamna Khawvel leh Rawngbawlna (Sport & Mission) (Missionary Training Text book), Mission Board Publication, Aizawl : 1998
11. Mizo Thuziak Thlan Chhuahte (Selected Essays-Edited) L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl 1999.
12. Mizo Hlahril Thlan Chhuahte (Selected Poems-Edited) Aizawl : 1999.
13. Liangkhaia Lungphun. (Pillars of Rev.Liangkhaia. p.412, L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl, Dec.2000.
14. Chantual Ennawm –I (Collection of plays) L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 2001
15. Thlifim (Breeze: Collection of Poems), L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl 2001.
16. Hamlet leh a ziaktu (Hamlet and its writer) L.T.L.Publications, Aizawl 2002.
17. Thlaler Nula (Desert’s Maid : Writer & her Works) p.310, L.T.L.Publications, Aizawl : 2002.
18. Zalenpar –I (Collection of fifty Literary Essays) p.384, L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 2003. ISBN : 978-81-932951-6-8
19. Lunghlu (Golden Jubillee Souvenir of the Writer’s parents)L.T.L. Publications. Aizawl : 2004.
20. Mizo Lehkhabu Zempui (A compendium of Mizo Bibliography-Edited) Aizawl : 2005
21. Rochuam (Collection of own poems & articles) p.184, L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 2006
22. Khawlkungi leh a kutchhuak (Authoress and her works) L.T.L. Publications, p. 247, Aizawl : 2007 & 2011
23. Korea & Ramfan Thukhawchang (Traveloque), L.T.L. Publications, p.293, Aizawl : 2009.
24. Mizo Hla leh Chhamhlate (Study of Songs & Poems),L.T.L. Publications, p.210, Aizawl:2009
25. Rangka Dârtui Luan (Golden Jubilee Commemoration) L.T.L.Publications, p.100, Aizawl : 2010
26. Chantual Ennawm-2, (Collection of Short plays) L.T.L. Publications, p. 232, Aizawl : 2012
27. Kâkpui Pathum (Biography of 3 Honorary Doctorate Degree holders, released on 16-5-14 by the Moderator)
28. Sulzâm, (Collection of Essays & Traveloque) ISBN 978-93-85263-34-7, Aizawl : 2015.
29. Thu leh hla thlitfimna lam (Literary Criticism), p.330. ISBN-978-81-932951-1-3. Aizawl :2016 Released on 16-5-2016.
30. Chantual Ennawm – 3 : Milim Pathum, (Collection of Short plays) p.210, ISBN-978- 81-932951-0-6 Aizawl : 2016. Released on 14th. September 2016.
31. Thang-Zui (Author & His Works : Lalzuithanga) p.180, ISBN-978-81-932951-7- 5.Aizawl,2016. Released on 16-11-2016 by Hon’ble Minister of HTE Mr. R. Romawia
32. Zonu Cheipar – 1 Ngur-Lian : H.Lalngurliani leh a kutchhuak, p.257,
ISBN-978-81-932919-4-8, L.T.L.Publications, Aizawl : 2017
33. Za-Thum (Birth Centenary Volume of 3-Prose Writers) L.T.L.Publications, Aizawl : 2017
34. William Shakespeare Leh A Hnuhma (Shakespeare & his Hamlet in Mizo) ISBN-978- 81-937438-5-0, Aizawl : 2018 (Released by Governor of Mizoram on 19-10-2018)
35. Zacham Par-chhuang (Birth Centenary Volume) ISBN-978-81-937438-7-4, L.T.L. Publications, Aizawl : 2018 (Released by Governor on 18-10-2018)
36. *Mizo Thurochun & Thawnthu Za, LTL Publications, p…Aizawl : 2018 (Project)
37. *Hmangaih Lungdi (Collection of Plays on Romantic love) LTL Publications, Aizawl : 2018
38. *Zo-Lungthu-3 (3-Founding Pillars of Mizo Literature), Aizawl : 2018
*Ramtiam tumkawng (The World of Literature – 2) Aizawl : 2018
*Lemchan leh Keimahni, (Drama and Ourselves Today), Aizawl : 2018 (Project).
*Mizo Naupang Pual (Interesting stories for Children, 2018 Project)
C. CO-AUTHOR / JOINT WORKS with friends
1. Exe. Editorial Member, The Mizo Synod High School Magazine (Vol.V), Aizawl :1977
2. Co-Editor of Khawtlang Meichher (Torch of the Society-Socio-Cultural & Moral Reformation, KTP, Mission Veng Publication ) p.227,1988.
3. Co-Editor of Mizoram Politics &Economy, p.108 (Christian Perspectives, Aizawl YMCA Publication) Aizawl : 1989
4. Edited, Jt. Hnam Lungphum, Mizo Students Union Publication, Shillong 1989-90, Meghalaya.
5. Co-Author of Lemchan Thawnthu –2 (Two Short Plays-SCERT Publication) 1990
6. Co-Author of Thu Ngaihnawm-Thalaite Tan (Interesting writing for young people SCERT Publication :1990.
7. Exe.Editor of Mission Veng Kohhran Chanchin (Church History-Centenary Souvenir) Aizawl :1994
8. Edited, Jt. Kumza Lamtluang, p.239 (Mizo Literacy Centenary Celebration, MAL :1994
9. Edited, Jt. I Dawt Ngam leh Dawt rawh, (Collection of plays) p.161, MAL & Health Department Publication, Aizawl : 1996
10. Edited, Jt. Ral hlauhawm chu, (Collection of stories) p.189, MAL & Health Dept. Publication, Aizawl : 1996
11. Edited, Jt. Zo Kalsiam, (Collection of Essays on Language & Literature) p.270, Mizo Academy of Letters Publication, Aizawl : 1997
12. Edited, Jt. Lungphum, p.205, Mission Veng Church Centenary Publication, Aizawl : 1998
13. Editor of Vanglai Hlimthla, (Christian Youth Assn Ruby Jubilee Souvenir) p.84,Aizawl :2000
14. Co-Author of Vocational Bible School Kaihhruaina, (MSSU) Gr-III Writer, Aizawl :2000
15. Co-Editor of Logos, (Bible Society of India Souvenir, Aizawl Auxilliary) : 2003
16. Editor of Hmeichhe Sikul, (P.C.Girls School Centenary Souvenir Book) Aizawl :2003
17. Edited, Jt. Zofate Hlachuam, (Collection of Songs) p. 324, MYMAN Publication : 2006
18. Edited, Jt. Mizoram University Annual Report 2003-2005, Mizoram University Publication, Aizawl : 2005
19. Edited, Jt. Mizoram University Annual Report 2005-2006, p.145, MZU Publication, Aizawl : 2006
20. Edited Zai-lam Kutpui, (Performing Art Traditions of Mizoram) SNA Publication, Aizawl : Feb.10-13, 2008
21. Edited Zo hnam Kutpui-Chapchar Kut, (Souvenir) CKCC Publication, Aizawl : March 11-13,2009.
22) Edited Mizo tawng thumal thar, (New Words of Mizo) ZOPPEN Publication, released on 24th. Feb. 2011.
23. Edited Zathiang, Bible Society of India Bicentenary (200 yrs) Souvenir, Aizawl, released on 27th. Feb, 2011.
24. Edited Hming Mawi (Biography), (p.120)State Awardee of Teacher-2011, released on 17th. September 2011 at Synod Conference Hall.
25. Edited Ainawn bu thar, (p.194) CTBEB Publication, Aizawl : 2012
26. Edited Mizo Tawng Zirzauna Bu Thar, (p.145) MILLTA Publication, Aizawl : 2012
27. Edited Fungki bu thar, (p.162), CTBEB Publication, Aizawl : 2012
28. Edited Theology Handbook 2013-14, (p.108) Serampore College : July 2013.
29. Edited Handbook 2014-15 (p.110) Serampore College : Released on July 13, 2014.
30. Edited Handbook 2015-16 (p.142) Serampore College : Released on July 10, 2015.
31. Edited Carey Day-2015 Souvenir (p.132) Released at Serampore on Aug.17,2015.
32. Edited History of Mizo Literature (Bu Thar) ISBN: 978-81-932919-9-3, Department of Mizo, MZU, Aizawl : 2017
33. Edited Theory of Literature (Bu Thar) ISBN-978-81-933795-0-9, Department of Mizo, MZU, Aizawl : 2017
34. Edited Annual Mission Veng Kohhran Chanchin-2017 (delivered on 7-7-2018) from Synod Press, Aizawl : 2018
35. *Edited Zorimawi (Music ministry of the Mizos) Aizawl : 2019 (Project)
36. *Mizo Sakhua leh Thil hmingthangte, Aizawl : 2019 (Project)
*** Acted as Editor / Joint Editor /Editorial Board member in some Annual magazines, periodicals and newspaper since 1977 till date. His Poems, Plays, Essays, Articles, Seminar Papers have been translated into English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Boro, Khasi, Garo, Oriya, Marathi etc. and published in different journals in India & abroad. Presently, Editor-in-Chief, Mizo Studies, Refereed Quarterly Journal published by the Department of Mizo, Mizoram University; Publisher of Literary Monthly Journal Thu leh Hla, published by the Mizo Academy of Letter, Aizawl, Mizoram, India.
D. BOOKLETS.(Author of a few booklets as below)
1) Intermediate Work-Book (Synod: MSSU Workbook) 1991
2) Reading & Writing of Good Books (CKTP Pubn) 1992.
3) Literature week Guide (Christian Youth Assn Prog) 1993.
4) Youth Ministry in Retrospect & Future Plan (CKTP Pubn) 1994
5) Gospel Hymns & Choruses, PYF Song book, 1997
6) Duhtak Chawl ta Saptawni (Biography) 1998.
7) Invawn Thianghlim (CKTP Workshop Papers) 1998.
8) Ziakmi Chhuanawm Paruk (M.A.L. Bio- data) 1998.
9) Mizo Ziakmi Panga (Meet the Author Bio-data): 1999
10) Writer of the Century-K.C.Lalvunga (Biography): 2000
11) Lemchan (Drama) CKTP Workshop paper, 18.10.2001
12) Mizo thuziak (Prose) lama hnamdang tawng hnuhma :2006
13) Chi leh chi kara inlungrualna (Communal Harmony): 2006
14) Berampu nupui (Role & responsibilities of Pastors’ Wives) : 2006
15) Thu leh hla hmanga hnamvoh (Literature & Patriotism) :2007
16) Mizorama Lemchan tobul (Origin of Mizo Drama:2008
17) Quasquicentennial Seminar & Exhibition series on Rev. Liangkhaia, Oct. 6, 2009.
18) Vacation Bible School Kaihhruaina (VBS-IX,Teacher’s Hand Book: Joint work), 2009.
19) Thu leh Hla: Thuhlaril hlutsak zan (Literature Night paper :Dinthar KTP) July 12,2010.
20) Mizo Patriot Khuangchera (Memorial Lecture paper in Eng. & Mizo) Ailawng Sept. 7, 2010
21) Mizo Novel Platinum Jubilee Handbook, Aizawl : Nov. 9, 2011
22) MAL Annual Meeting-2011 Handbook (Aizawl : 25-11-2011)
23) Dincham vawnhlu : MAL Foundation Day Handbook-2011 (Aizawl : 23-4-2012)
24) Carey Day Celebration Speeches & Programmes booklet, Aug. 17, 2013.
25) Fakna Hlachuam (Collection of Songs with introduction) Oct. 27, 2015.
26) Tirhkoh Muka Chanchin, (World Sunday School Theme-2016) p. 35 : July 14, 2016
27) Biakliana International Seminar Handbook, (Released by Governor of Mizoram on 18-10-2018 at Saitual).
E. TRANSLATION BOOKS
(i) TRANSLATION OF BOOKS from Mizo to Hindi, Bengali etc. (Author of a few books translated into Hindi and other languages)
(1) Hindi version of Pasaltha Khuangchera (Mizo/Indian Freedom Fighter Series-I)
(2) Bengali version of Mizo Songs & Modern poems and Folktales : 2012 (Released on 17-10-2012 at Aizawl) ISBN 978-81-260-4078-0
(3) Poorvotter : Adivasi Myth and Lok Kathayan (More than twenty five stories have been included, published by NBT India, New Delhi : 2009. ISBN-978-81-237-5850-3
(4) Shoorvir Khuangchera, ISBN-978-81-8465-390-8 ISPCK Publication, New Delhi : 2014.
(5) Hindi translation by Sarita Brara, Mizoram Ke Lok Kathayan (Stories from book in Hind) released on 29-8-2015 at New Delhi)
(6) Mizo Natak Hindi Volume-II (Collection of Five plays including Lalnu Ropuiliani : Mizo/ Indian Freedom Fighter)
(7) Mizo Natak Hindi Volume-III (Collection of Eleven plays) LTL Publications, Aizawl, Mizoram.ISBN-978-81-939434-0-3
(8) *Hindi version of Duat luat vangin (Mizo short play)
(9) *Hindi version of Thawmvunga (Mizo Short play)
(10) *Hindi version of Lali (Mizo short play)
(11) *Hindi version of Zofate zingah Hamleta (Mizo short play)
(12) *Hindi version of Buia Sai-ip (Mizo short play)
(13) *Hindi version of Sakei lu lam (Mizo short play)
(14) *Hindi version of Milim Pathum (Mizo short play)
(15) *Hindi version of Chharmawia (Mizo play)
(16) *Hindi version of Hnehzova leh Rimawii (Mizo short play)
(17) *Hindi version of Beidawnna khur atangin (Mizo short play)
(18) *Hindi version of Duhawmi Leh Lalfaki (Mizo short play)
(19) *Hindi version of Nu leh pa bum-Mahni inbum (Mizo short play)
(20) *Hindi version of Tualvungi leh Zawlpala (Mizo short play)
(21) *Hindi version of Zoram (Mizo short play)
(22) *Hindi version of Kum Sangbi Tharah Chuan (Mizo short play)
(23) *Hindi version of An Anthology of Mizo Poems and Essays
(*Ready manuscript to be published)
(ii) TRANSLATOR OF BOOKS from English to Mizo
1) Hamlet (Shakespeare’s most popular play)
2) Dr. Faustus (Christopher’s Marlowe’s most popular play) joint work.
3) NBT Children Book : Khaw pakhatah hian (by H.C.Madan) : 2001
4) NBT Children Book : Chaichim leh Gulabo-i leh a Balun (by Qudsia Zaidi) : 2001
5) NBT Children Book : Eng nge thing chu (by Marti ) : 2001
6) NBT Children Book : Sakeibaknei note-in hahum a zir (by Indu Rama ) :2001
7) NBT Children Book : Birjua leh a sakawr thlawk thei (by Deepa Agarwal) : 2001
8) ANWESHA Children Book Series ( 6 from Assamese)
9) ANWESHA Children Book Series (6 from Bodo)
10) ANWESHA Children Book Series (6 from Garo)
11) ANWESHA Children Book Series (6 from Khasi)
12) ANWESHA Children Book Series (6 from Manipuri)
4. SIGNIFICANT LITERARY CONTRIBUTIONS OF
DR. LALTLUANGLIANA KHIANGTE, Professor
(Poems, plays, essays, critical writings prescribed for texts)
(i). As a Playwright (Prescribed Plays)
1. His play, LALNU ROPUILIANI (Tragedy) Prescribed for Degree MIL-Mizo, NEHU & MZU.
2. His play, PASALTHA KHUANGCHERA (Tragedy) Prescribed for M.A-Mizo, NEHU & Mizoram University & for MZU Degree Course from 2011.
3. His play, CHHARMAWIA (Comedy) Prescribe for Class-XII-Mizo text, CBSE /MBSE.
4. His play, HNEHZOVA LEH RIMAWII (Comedy) Prescribed for Class IX & X, MBSE (OC).
5. Short play THAWMVUNGA (Comedy) Prescribed for M.A. (Mizo) Syllabus, Mizoram University.
6. Short play DUAT LUAT VANGIN, Prescribed for Class X, MBSE (New Course:2010).
7. His play PASALTHA KHUANGCHERA (in Hindi) for Hindi Plus-two syllabus of Mizoram.
8. His play LALNU ROPUILIANI (in Hindi) for Hindi Degree Course syllabus of Mizoram.
9. His short play BUIA SAI-IP (Comedy) Prescribed for MA Mizo, MZU w.e.f.April 2016
10. His play, HNEHZOVA LEH RIMAWII, Class – IX, Board of Secondary Education, Manipur.
11. His translated play, HAMLET in Mizo, prescribed for Degree under Manipur University.
12. His play, CHANCHINTHA MEICHHER, MA (Mizo & Cultural Studies) w.e.f.14.08.2018
(ii). As a Poet and Essayist
1. Poem – Ziak loh zirlai, Prescribed for Class-XI, Poetry-Mizo
2. Poem – Lalruanga dawi bur thar, B.A (Mizo) Paper- IV.
3. Poem – Bum hmang, For M.A.in Mizo, NEHU & MZU
4. Poem – Zan rau dangdai, For M.A.in Mizo,NEHU/MZU
5. Poem – No khat ei theuh theuh, M.A.Mizo, NEHU/MZU
6. Poem – Zo hnam pasalthate, M.A.Mizo, NEHU & MZU
7. Poem – Hnam-ro-par, M.A. Mizo, MZU (New)
8. Poem – Zo than siamtu YMA, Mizo, MZU (New)
9. Poem – Tlawm mai lovin, Mizo, MZU (New)
10. Essay on Drama -Lemchan, Class VII : MBSE (OC)
11. Essay on Environment – Ram hring, Prescribed for Class-X- Mizo MBSE. (OC)
12. Biographical Essay – Lungleng lal Khamliana, Prescribed for Class VIII, MBSE(OC).
13. Essay on Language – Mizo tawng tihhausak dan, Degree MIL-Mizo:NEHU&MZU
14. Essay – Lehkhabu hlutna, B.A-Mizo Prose, NEHU/MZU
15. Essay – Lehkhabu ziak leh chhiar, Class XI &XII Mizo.
16. Essay – Khualzin, Prescribed for Class VII-Mizo Essay,MBSE-2010.
17. Essay – Zalenpar, M.A. Mizo, w.e.f. April 2016.
18. Essay – Khualzinna ram hi, HSLC Mizo, Board of Secondary Education, Manipur.
(iii). As a Critic, Prose-Writer, Textbook-Writer etc.
1. Book Reviews – Lehkhabu thlirna –
(1) Ka lungkham by B. Lalthangliana (1989), Prescribed for M.A.in Mizo : Criticism /Book Review
(2) Hmangaihzuali by C. Laizawna (1990) Prescribed for M.A.in Mizo: Criticism /Book Review
(3) Zoram Khawvel by L. Keivom (1991) Prescribed for M.A.in Mizo: Criticism /Book Review, NEHU & MZU
(4) Beiseina Beidawng by Buangi Sailo (1999) M.A. Mizo, MZU w.e.f. April 2016
(5) Anita by C. Laizawna (1998) M.A. Mizo, MZU w.e.f. April 2016
2. Three Units : Literary Trends – (1) Literature, (2) Drama, (3) Prose. Prescribed for Degree Mizo (MIL & Elective): Literary trends-Essay, NEHU & now under Mizoram University.
3. Three (3) Units : From the book of: History of Mizo Literature :
(1) Mizo Literature hunpui then dan.
(3) Mizo Lemchan, Prescribed for Degree Mizo (MIL & Elective : History of Mizo Literature : Prose pieces), NEHU & Mizoram University.
4. Three (3) Units : Cultural Essay on
(3) Chharmawia (play) Prescribed for Vocational Course-Mizo: Prose, SCERT, and Mizoram.
5. Book on Mission and Sports : Infiamna Khawvel leh Rawngbawlna (1998), Prescribed for Missionary Training Course, by the Mission Board, Mizoram Synod.
6. Four (4) Units : MZU New Degree Course 2011 -2013.
(1) Mizo Literature Hunpui (Unit-I)
(2) Lemchan (Unit – 4) &
(3) Literary Theory (Unit-I)
(4) Drama (Unit – 3).
7. Eight (8) Units of Mizo Folk-Theatre Course for Indira Gandhi National Open University : 2010
8. Three-Year Degree Course Paper-IX : Theory of Literature
Written and contributed Two (2) Units : W.e.f. 2013-14 MZU Session.
(1) Literature Sawifiahna &
(3) Thu har hrilhfiahna
9. Three-Year Degree Course Paper-V : History of Mizo Literature –
Written and contributed Two (2) Units : W.e.f. 2013-14 MZU Session.
(1) Mizo Literature Hunpui &
10. A few more to be added……according to the new syllabi of MBSE, NEHU, Manipur University, Mizoram University etc…..
AT A GLANCE
ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES,INVOLVEMENT,ACHIEVEMENTS etc.
1. Awarded *Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Literature (Drama), from North Eastern Hill University, Shillong 1991;
*D.Litt (Doctor of Literature) in Folk-Literature from the International University of Washington (IUW) 1999;
*Doctor of Divinity (D.D.-Honoraris causa) on March 12, 2012 by the Governing Board of Trinity College & Seminary Convocation.
2. Awarded Five National Award viz.
*Padma Shri in Literature and Education by the President of India – 2006, handed over to him on 29th. March 2006;
*Rastriya Lok Bhasha Samman (National Award-2003 given by the Hindustani Sahitya Sabha, Hqtrs. New Delhi);
*Bharat Adivasi Samman-2005 instituted by All India Tribal Literary Forum, Hqrs. N. Delhi;
*Indian Tribal Drama Award -2012 instituted by the Ramnika Foundation & All India Tribal Literary Forum, Hqrs. N. Delhi;
*Dr. Higginbottom Award for Best Principal -2014-15 awarded by SHIATS, Allahabad & AIACHE, New Delhi
3. Awarded FUWAI (Fellow) officially given by the United Writers Association of India Headquarters, Madras, 1999 ; Distinguished Playwright Award – 2002; Other Awards, Prizes & Recognitions- Book of the Year-1997, Lelte Best Writer of Mizoram in 2001, 2002, 2003, K.Zawla Award in 2007, Khuangchera Award in 2008, Pu Buanga Award : Literary Award in 2010; Outstanding Contribution Award in 2010, National Integration Memento & Citation in 2010, National NSS Medal for Excellence 2011-2012, Sahitya Shiromani-2014, Valued Son of Saitual on March 13,2015, AIR Golden Jubilee Memento-2016 & a few other awards / recognitions.
4. AS AN ACADEMICIAN & WRITER, Ten (10) of his long and short plays, 9 of his poems, over 22 Essays / prose writings have been prescribed for texts in different stages viz. School, Secondary, Degree & Master level Courses of studies under NEHU, MZU, Manipur Univ. including ICFAI University Mizoram.
5. Written & Edited books : Books in English -23, Books in Mizo -35; Edited jointly – 34; Booklets – 27; Translations – 14; Grand Total – 133
6. Articles, Essays, Poems, Reviews etc. written & published in Journal/book/magazine/ annual publication etc. Over 1000
7. SEMINAR PAPERS WRITTEN & PRESENTED in the
National & International Programmes – 100 (in English);
Regional & Inter-State Programmes – 078 (in English);
State level & other related programmes – 143 (in Mizo & English);
Grand Total (as on January 2019) – 321.
8. AS A PLAYWRIGHT & DIRECTOR :
*Wrote more than 30 plays, of which 24 of them were published so far in Mizo.
*Sixteen of them have been translated into Hindi for publication.
* Ten (10) of his long and short plays have been prescribed for Texts in Master, Degree & Schools.
*He wrote (8) Eight Full Courses of North East : Mizo Folk-Theatre (drama) for Indira Gandhi National Open University, North East Region (IGNOU).
*Directed several plays in National Drama Festival in New Delhi, Kolkata, Bhopal, Serampore, Guwahati, Shillong, Tanhril, Aizawl etc.
*Given Drama / Theatre Lectures in various Universities and National programmes like Refresher course, Seminar, Workshops.
*Presented several Drama paper in National & International, Regional & State Level Seminar and Drama Course, Training, Workshops etc.
*Written and published Books on Plays, Drama theory & practice, theatre movements etc. and taught in Universities for the last 33 years.
*Apart from AIR & DDK productions, his Hindi plays were already screened from DDK, New Delhi and also prescribed for Hindi text in Mizoram Sabha.
9. MAJOR NATIONAL PARTICIPATION & OTHER INVOLVEMENT
– Member of Board of Governors, ICFAI University, Mizoram w.e.f. 2016 till date.
– Executive Board Member, AIACHE, All India Association for Christian Higher Education, Hqs. New Delhi w.e.f. 2015-2018.
– Member, CABE (Central Advisory Board of Education, 2012-2015) MHRD, New Delhi. – Member, National Monitoring Committee for the Education of SCs, STs & PwDs, 2012-2015, MHRD, New Delhi.
– National Member for Continuing Professional Development of Teachers (NEUPA) MHRD 2012- 2015, Hqrs. New Delhi
– Member, Task Force for North East India (2012-2015), Under MHRD, New Delhi.
– Trained Assessor, National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Hqrs.Bangaluru, India.
– Secretary, Council of Serampore College (Univ) 2012-2015 Hqrs. Serampore, W. Bengal.
– Principal, Serampore College, 2012-2015, under Calcutta University, West Bengal.
– Convener, Senate of Serampore College (Univ) 2012-2015, Hqrs. Serampore, West Bengal.
– Vice President, All India Tribal Literary Forum (AITLR) Hqrs. New Delhi.
– Vice President, Tribal Literary Forum of India (TLFI) Hqrs. Shillong & NEWF etc.
– Ex.Gen. Council Member, Sahitya Akademi (National Academy of Letters), Hqrs. New Delhi
– Ex-General Council Member, Sangeet Natak Akademi (National Academy of Music, Dance & Drama), Hqrs. New Delhi
– Former Dean, School of Education & Humanities, Mizoram University, Ex-EC Member, Sitting Court & Academic Council Member of Mizoram University, NEHU Shillong etc.etc.etc.
– President, Tribal Literary Forum of India, Hqrs. Shillong w.e.f. 2018 till date.
10. INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC EXPOSURE (JUST A FEW)
1) Official delegate in The Global Leadership Summit at AGC, Kolkata on October 2, 2015 organized by theWillow Creek Association, USA.
2) Official delegate in the Asian University Leaders programme at New Delhi from 31stAugto 3rdSept. 2015 organized by AIACHE & United Board, Hong Kong.
3) Chaired two-day International academic interaction with 4 top officials of Central China Normal University on Feb 10-11, 2015. That was followed by interaction with the Chinese Ambassador and histeam on 21st. Feb 2015 at CLRC auditorium, Serampore College.
4) Participated in the interaction with Chinese scholars as member of the team of Indian delegates to China from 12 to 22 Nov 2014 in Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing & Beijing.
5) Participated in the international conference organized by Kassell, Germany at Bengaluru on Feb 13 and 14, 2014 at the Gateway Hotel.
6) Official participant in the conference of Vice Chancellors and Principals at Bengaluru from 1st to 3rd May 2013 at Christ University, organized by All India Association for Christian Higher Education, HQ New Delhi, sponsored by United Board, Hong Kong.
7) Official participant in the International Ausbildungshilfe Conference organized by EMW, Germany on 16th and 17th Jan 2013 at UTC Bengaluru.
8) International workshop on Diploma in Bible Translation program attended in Bangladesh on October 7-9,2012.
9) Participated in International Community of Women and Men in Mission programme at Goa in 2005 and Seoul, Korea in 2007.
10) Attended education and youth program at Indianapolis, USA in 1995 followed by Assembly in Lamb-Peter, Wales, United Kingdom in 1995.
11) Participated in the Europe International Academic Tour to eight countries during May 6- 6th. June, 2017 organized by the All India Chirstian Higher Education, Hqrs. New Delhi.
12) Lecture-Interaction at the University of Bangor, South Wales on 30th. May 2017 organized by the Centre of Welsh Language Foundation, Bangor, UK.
13) Participated as Member of the Board of Governor in the International Seminar on ‘Development of North East India through economic linkages with South and South East Asia’ 25th. & 26th. October 2017 at the Campus of ICFAI University, Durtlang, Aizawl, Mizoram.
14) Coordinating Director of Two-Day International Seminar commemorating the Birth Centenary of the First Mizo Novelist on 18th & 19th October 2018 at Govt. Saitual College, Mizoram, India
*** Plus Presented Paper in International Seminar / Workshop for 12 times in different cities and participated as official delegate in International programmes for 15 times within India and abroad.
*** Plus Invited Poet-Participant in 20 Poets’Meets (International & National level) and read poetry, 7 times in Regional & Local level Poetry Reading Sessions and was ordinary participants in 7 Poetry Reading Sessions across the country as on 2018.